With more than 20 remotes in their home, watching TV and movies was a complex experience for these homeowners. On top of that, movies stored digitally in the family's custom home theater weren't viewable elsewhere in the home.
New York-based Sound & Theater, a CEDIA member firm, turned this complicated, single-access TV-viewing experience into an integrated media network - television, video, music, gaming and more - that was centrally located and distributed. Best of all, the system was networked to include other home sub-systems.
- Integration with Other Functions: In addition to integrating the media technologies in the home, the client wanted the smart home system to control the HVAC, lighting, and security.
- High-Tech Amenities: The client requested upgraded Wi-Fi capabilities, a whole home movie server, and three more LCDs in the home theater to create an easy-to-use, four-screen solution.
The theater was located above the garage and separated from the house by more than 75 feet of concrete. Because the house was more than 100 years old, wiring from one location to another posed significant complications that added time to the installation schedule.
- Home Automation Technology: Sound & Theater consolidated all the homeowner's equipment in two racks in the basement.
- Home Automation Control Systems: A custom-designed user interface - found on all TVs, iPads, iPhones, PCs and touchscreen remotes - controls any system, anywhere in the house. It includes a "shortcut" in the theater, allowing the client to adjust everything from the lights and temperature to the TVs and projector.
- Singular Music/Movie Library: Sound & Theater also integrated the client's entire music and movie libraries so every speaker, TV and device in the house has access to everything in the library at any given moment.
Home Technology Professional
Sound & Theater
111 S. Cayuga Rd.
Williamsville, NY 14221 | USA