CEDIA provides BIID and RIBA accredited CPD seminars to design and build professionals who are looking to learn more about smart home technology, and earn their CEU points.
The presentations available include:
Designing the Connected Home
This CPD explores at the design and installation of technology in the connected home. It will question why good design is so essential in the connected home and the possibilities for integrating technology in projects.
By the end of the CPD you should have a greater understanding of:
- Why architects and designers should discuss technology with their clients
- The possibilities for technology in projects and the associated processes
Designing Home Cinemas and Media Rooms
Digital entertainment plays a huge part in the modern lifestyle and is something that can be truly astounding when experienced in the correct environment. Dedicated and convertible entertainment spaces need careful thought and professional design to perform well, and ultimately wow the homeowner. Discover the principles of how to design and implement these entertainment spaces.
This CPD will help you to understand the following topics:
- The difference between a home cinema and a media room and the basic vocabulary used
- How to raise awareness of home cinemas and media rooms, how to help clients choose and specify rooms and raise the standard of the rooms
- All the components that make a good home cinema room and media room
- The design principles of sound and vision
- How to work with a system designer and look at requirements
To book one of these CPD presentations, visit the RIBA CPD booking site if you're a RIBA member, or contact Imogen Dent on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.