Before you speak to a home technology professional, take some time to think about what you want, what you need, what you can afford, and what is most important to you. The home technology professional you hire will be able to advise you on specifics, but to get the result you want, it is important to do your homework first. The time spent will be well worth it.
Tech Style and Lifestyle Considerations
- Do you consider yourself/family tech savvy?
- What are the lifestyle enhancements/solutions do you want your technology system to provide?
- What are the most frustrating technology, product, or items you
- What is your favorite feature of your home?
- Where do you spend the most time in your home?
- How do you communicate throughout your house?
- Is energy conservation important to you?
- What kind of look or feel do you want the space to have?
- What are the special circumstances, if any, of those living in your home? Elderly, special needs, illness?
- How often do you watch television?
- Where do you watch television? Bedroom, kitchen, while working out?
- Do you prefer having background music playing? If so, when and in what area of your home?
Project Budget and Management
- Will you or someone you delegate be on hand while the work is
- What is your budget? What technologies would you like to focus more/less of the budget? Audio? Video? Security?
- Is there a date or impending event by which your project must
- How will you finance the project?
Use of Space
- Will you be using the space for entertaining groups?
- Who is going to use the space? Children, grandparents, businesses?
- What activities will take place in the space? Entertaining? Sports Viewing? Family Time?
Ready to get started? Find a qualified CEDIA Professional near you >>